Hacked - Be Nice
Main Point: God wants more than niceness; God demands holiness.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How do you typically approach disagreements with people (nice, push-over, need to be right, etc)? Why do you think you handle disagreements that way?
- Do you think it is possible to be too nice? Why or why not?
- Have you had times where a desire to be nice has kept you from speaking up? Share your thought process and feelings in that situation.
Read: The Second Claim of Moralistic Therapeutic Deism: God wants people to be good, nice, and fair to each other, as taught in the Bible and most world religions.
- What seems appealing and accurate with this idea?
- What problems do you have with this statement?
Read: Hebrews 12:14-17.
- To be holy is to be set apart. What are some examples in our daily lives where we make the choice whether to be holy or not?
- How can live out the command in verse 15 to help others live out holiness without sounding holier than thou?
- Are there some discussions or actions that you’ve been avoiding because you’re afraid of not being nice? What do you need to do in order to do the right thing? How can your small group help you?
Prayer: Pray that you will aim for holiness, no matter how uncomfortable that can be.