He Said What? - Would Be Murderer
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever been angry at someone?
- What things made you angry as a child? What about as an adult?
- When you are angry with someone, how do you typically handle that anger?
Read: Matthew 5:21-26.
- Do Jesus’s words seem harsh to you? Why or why not?
- Have you ever had a circumstance like the one illustrated in verses 23-24 regarding remembering a problem with someone when giving an offering? How did that situation turn out?
- Is there an application for verses 25-26 outside of specifically being taken to court? Why or why not?
- Are there different kinds of anger? For example, are there types of anger that are ok, or even good? Why or why not?
- How can we do better at not being angry at people?
- What are some ways to do better at seeing people as fellow children of God, as opposed to having an “us vs. them” mentality?
Prayer: Pray that we handle our anger appropriately.