He Said What? - Faith Façades
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What New Year’s Resolutions did you make? Why? Or if you didn’t make any, why not?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
- How do you react when you’re called out for something you’ve done wrong?
Read: Matthew 5:17-20 and 23:27-28.
- Is it harder for you to follow the letter of the law or the spirit of the law? Why?
- Do you find yourself at times following God through an a la carte method, picking parts of God’s commands to follow or ignore? Why do you think we do that?
- Who do you consider the religious elite of today?
- What do you think the reaction would be if Jesus’ words about the Pharisees were spoken to those that are considered the religious elite of today?
- Does the accusation that Jesus brings against the religious elite only apply to them, or to us as well?
- How can we be honest followers of Christ instead of hypocrites and white-washed tombs?
- How would the world’s view of the Church change if we lived authentically?
- What New Year’s Resolution will you make to help you live authentically?
Prayer: Pray that you will begin the New Year striving to follow all of God’s directions authentically, instead of picking and choosing what we want to follow.