He Said What? - Great Expectations
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What do you think of when you think of a righteous person? What does a righteous person do?
Read: Matthew 6:1-4.
- Does Jesus say, “If you give to the needy” or “When you give to the needy”?
- What does this mean we should do if we are to practice our righteousness?
- How can we give to the needy?
Read: Matthew 6:5-15.
- Jesus tells us to pray. What does your prayer life look like? What prayer habits do you have?
- What is the importance of us forgiving those who do wrong to us? Who is someone you need to extend forgiveness to?
Read: Matthew 6:16-18.
- What is fasting?
- How often do you fast?
- Why do you think fasting is so often looked at as a “special occasion only” or “optional” piece of our faith?
- Jesus states that we are to pray, fast, and give to the needy. Which is the hardest for you? How will you take a step forward to improve?
Prayer: Pray for dedication to pursue giving to those in needy, praying, and fasting.