Jonah - Obedience
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever dragged your feet to obey, whether they be from a boss, a teacher, or God?
Read: Jonah 3.
- What do you imagine Jonah’s attitude was as he finally listened to God and headed off to Nineveh?
- When you finally obey after previously refusing and being stubborn, how do you typically feel after you obey?
- Does the Ninevites’ reaction to Jonah’s message seem extreme to you? Why or why not?
- What stands out to you as the most interesting part of the Ninevites’ answer to Jonah’s message?
- What do you think would have happened if Jonah hadn’t obeyed?
- What are some of the potential results if we do not obey God’s commands for us?
- Jonah did not want to go to Nineveh, but when he did, the whole city was saved. We have a great opportunity to invite people and open a discussion with them with Friend Day coming up. Who has God put in your life that you can either invite or start a conversation with?
Prayer: Pray that we will obey God’s instruction, no matter what it calls us to do.