Jonah - Remember
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Based on last week’s discussion about spiritual maturity, how did you do this past week being spiritually mature? What was easy for you to act on and what things caused you to drag your feet?
- Have you ever been to the ocean, or perhaps scuba diving, or at the lake when the waves are particularly strong? How did it make you feel to be surrounded by the water?
Read: Jonah 1:17-2:10.
- What can we learn from God’s methods of saving from how He saves Jonah?
- Jonah was in the depths of the ocean and still believed God could save him. Do we honestly believe, and live, in a way that shows we believe God can save us no matter our situation? Why or why not?
- Not only should we ask ourselves if we believe God can save us no matter how deep we are, we should also believe and live in a way that reflects that truth for others. No one is too far gone. When you think about the various people in your life and interact with them, do you see them as lost in the ocean of sin but still able to be saved? Why or why not?
- What consequence(s) did Jonah still experience from his previous actions, even though he repented and God saved him? How can we learn from Jonah in this regard for our own lives?
Prayer: Pray that we always remember that God can always save us.