Colossians - What Not to Wear
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of the things on which you base your identity?
- Think back to when you became a Christian. Was choosing to follow Jesus a radical change for you, or was it something that was the next logical step in your faith journey?
Read: Colossians 3:1-4
- Last week Frank challenged us to "think eternally." When Paul tells us to "set your sights on the realities of heaven," how do you think we do that, practically speaking?
- The ancient Greeks spoke about someone who was buried as being hidden in the earth. Paul says that a Christian's "real life is hidden in God with Christ." What do you think he means?
Read: Colossians 3:5-11
- Paul's list of sinful, earthly things is extensive! Why do you think Christians tend to "rank" sinful behavior, disdaining some sins and ignoring others?
- Why do you think that, when you have "stripped off your old sinful nature and wall its wicked deeds," do you sometimes struggle with picking those old sinful habits back up?
- There is a difference between knowing God, and knowing about God. Paul writes that we are renewed as we learn to know our creator and become like him. What is something you can do this week to better know God?
Prayer: Pray that God will give you a greater desire to know him and to relentlessly pursue your relationship with him.