Regret - Letting Go
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- If you were a prince or princess for a day, what would you do?
- When something you regret ends up having a silver lining, how does that make you feel?
Read: Titus 3:4-7.
- Verse 5 states that we were saved because of God’s love and mercy, not from righteous things we have done. Why do you think people still struggle with a “works save” mentality?
- What does it mean to you to have the Holy Spirit?
- Verse 7 states that we can become heirs (some translations may say that we became righteous) due to God’s grace. What does it mean to you to become an heir to God?
- Because of God’s grace, our regrets can be repurposed, or redeemed. What are some ways that our regrets can be redeemed?
- How does having the hope of eternal life impact our daily living?
- Is having our regret redeemed the same as finding a silver lining in that regret? Why or why not?
- Jesus was the only one to live a perfect life without regret. Does that mean we shouldn’t feel bad about making mistakes, because after all, we’re not Jesus? Because God redeems us, does that feel we shouldn’t feel bad about making mistakes? Why or why not?
- How does God’s redemption of our regrets through grace impact how we handle other people and their mistakes?
Prayer: Pray that we accept God’s grace and live acknowledging that His grace is what redeems us, not our works.