Self Serve - Fourth: Overcome Evil
- If you haven’t had the chance yet, take a moment to discuss the Love My City event. What did you do? What were your takeaways from participating? What are some potential ideas you would like to see done in the future?
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How are you doing with memorizing Romans 12?
- When faced with a conflict, what are your typical responses?
- Does your way of handling conflict change depending on who your conflict is with? Why or why not? If yes, how so?
Read: Romans 12:17-21.
- If someone has ever repaid your evil with good, please share. How did it make you feel? How did it impact you?
- Based on verse 18, can we live at peace with everyone? Why or why not?
- How does that affect how you interact with others and how you respond when the other person simply isn’t willing to strive for peace?
- Regardless of our political preferences, how does this passage impact how we handle others’ political views and what our response is towards the person who ends up in the White House?
- Target has been in the news a lot lately for announcing that they are allowing transgender people to use the bathroom that matches the gender they identify with, and maybe people have strong feelings on how Christians should or should not react. How does this passage help to structure what our response should be?
- How can we overcome evil with good?
Prayer: Pray that we can face the numerous conflicts surrounding us with love.