Self Serve - Step One: Die
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
What does the world say you should be?
- What does the Church say you should be?
- What is something that you have hidden about yourself in order to feel like you belong?
Read Romans 12:1-2.
- Why should we offer ourselves as living sacrifices?
- What does being a living sacrifice mean?
- How can we be transformed by the renewing of our minds? What do you think that means?
- How can we understand what God wants for us?
- Is the Church better at self-service or serving others? Why?
- What are some of the things that prevent you from dying to yourself and living for others?
- What are some of the things, or who are some of the people, who help you live for others?
- How can you help others to learn to live for others?
Prayer: Pray that we will move towards putting others before ourselves.