Self Serve - Step Two: Go All In
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How are you doing with memorizing Romans 12? What can be done to encourage you to continue, or to start if you haven’t yet?
- What are some things that people say you are good at? What are some things that you think you are good at?
- What are some of your hobbies?
Read: Romans 12:3-8.
- In verse 1, we are told to be a living sacrifice. How do verses 3-5 help us to become living sacrifices?
- Why do we hold on to the prideful idea that our role is more important than anyone else’s, whether it be within the Church, work, etc.?
- What does it mean that each of us (each member of the Church) belongs to all the others? How does that impact how we interact with fellow Christians?
- Do you feel that the list of gifts in verses 6-8 is a list of all the gifts that God gives, or are those merely examples? Why?
- Verse 6 states that we all have different gifts according to the grace that God has given us. Does this leave any room for the possibility that any of us is without a gift from God? Why or why not?
- Do you feel like you have a handle on what any of your spiritual gifts are?
- How do you think you can learn about your gifts or develop them farther?
Prayer: Pray that we be humble in regards to our gifts and glorify God with them, instead of ourselves.