#nofilter - 10 Lepers
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
Share a time that someone expressed genuine gratitude to you. How did that make you feel?
Likewise, how have you felt during times when people have not shown gratitude?
Think of a time that you showed genuine gratitude to someone. What was it that made you express your gratitude?
Read Luke 17:11-19.
- Why do you think the other nine people didn’t return to thank Jesus?
- What is the significance of the fact that the one person who returned was a Samaritan?
- If you’re Jesus in this situation and you know nine out of ten will not thank you, does that impact how you handle the situation?
Read Romans 5:6-8.
- How does this passage detail the love Jesus has for us?
- Why do we often want to attach strings to our acts of service and kindness? Why is it that we struggle to love and serve when there is no hope of being thanked for doing so?
- Does the Church do a good job of serving and loving with no expectation of gratitude? Why or why not?
- What filters prevent you from serving and loving when there’s no chance of gratitude?
Prayer: Pray that we will give of ourselves the way Jesus gave of himself.