#nofilter - The Saint and the Sinner
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of the ways that we view and judge people?
Read Isaiah 53:2-3.
- If Jesus grew up in our current culture, how do you think he would look?
Read Isaiah 53:4-6.
- Do we have any right to judge others? Why or why not?
Read Luke 7:36-50.
- Is there any significance to our lives that Jesus interacts with both the sinful woman and the Pharisee? Why or why not?
- Why did Jesus and Simon view the woman differently?
- Do you see people more often through Jesus’ eyes or through the eyes of a Pharisee?
- When we see people the way God sees them, is there any room for us to feel a sense of satisfaction, or a sense of “they got what they deserved,” when bad things befall them? Why or why not?
- Does the Church do a good job of seeing through Jesus’s eyes? Why or why not?
- How can we do better at seeing all people as God’s beloved children?
Prayer : Pray that you will see others through the filter of love.