Peace In the Storm - You Are Not Alone
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What makes you feel better when you’re sick (soup, a good book, etc)?
- What is your “go to” for helping others when they are sick? Why?
- What does “mental illness” mean to you?
Read: 1 Kings 19:1-6, Ecclesiastes 1:1-2.
- What were the different factors that Elijah was dealing with in this passage?
- When Elijah cries out, God immediately sends an angel. Is this always how God responds when we cry out?
- What do we do when we see no evidence of God stepping in when we cry out?
- How do you respond to the statement that everything is meaningless?
- Why do you think the Church responds so much better to physical ailments than to mental illness?
- How can the Church help with mental illness?
- How can you help deal with mental illness, whether for yourself or others?
- If you have the time today or this week, read through Psalms 22 and 42 and Job 3. How does the fact that these great men of our faith struggled with depression impact your views on mental illness? Have you ever felt the way they did? What helped or did not help?
Prayer: Pray that you will stay committed to doing finances God’s way.