Peace In the Storm - Thanks-living
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
- What does gratitude mean to you?
- Do you pray before a meal? Why or why not?
Read: Daniel 6:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, and Philippians 4:6-7.
- A law was just passed prohibiting Daniel from praying to God, but he continued to do so anyway. How do you respond when laws are passed that limit how we can show our faith?
- Do you have a regular prayer routine? How well do you do at remembering to pray in all circumstances?
- What are some of the things you can thank God for?
- Have you had a situation where you feel like the peace of God has protected you? If so, please share.
Read: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- How can focusing on the eternal change our perspective?
- What makes it hard to be thankful when things aren’t going well?
- How have you been doing with writing what you’re thankful for on the post-it notes?
Prayer: Pray that we always remember how much we have to be thankful for and that we live accordingly.