Peace in the Storm - Here's how to help
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- When was the last time you asked someone how they were doing but didn’t have time for an honest answer?
- When was the last time you genuinely asked someone how they were doing and took the time to listen to their answer?
Read: 2 Timothy 4:9-18.
- What is Paul asking of Timothy in this passage?
- In verse 13, Paul asks for his cloak and scrolls. When you’re feeling sick, what are your go to items that you find comfort in?
- Paul says that no one except God was with him during his first defense. Have you ever felt abandoned by everyone around you? How did you handle the situation?
- Paul says not to hold it against people for not being there for him. How can we have that kind of attitude during the times when we don’t have anyone supporting us?
- Why don’t we come alongside people when they’re hurting, especially when they’re struggling with mental illness?
- How can you be present for people struggling with mental illness?
Prayer: Pray for the right attitude to come alongside others who are hurting and help.