ABCs of Financial Freedom - Bondage
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever owed a friend a favor? How did it go when the friend cashed in the favor?
- What do you consider good/ok debt? What do you consider bad debt? Why?
Read: Deuteronomy 28:12-14 and Matthew 6:24.
- In Deuteronomy, God presents a picture of what would happen if the nation of Israel stays committed to God. What do you think the Church could do differently if it was not in debt, if we were able to lend instead of borrow?
- Is going into debt the same as loving, or serving, money? Why or why not?
- When you have a debt to someone, who owns you? Are you in control, or does the one you are indebted to control you?
- Can debt impact your ability to serve Christ? Why or why not?
- Do these verses present debt as a sinful thing? Why or why not?
- Look at your budget. What would you do differently if there wasn’t any debt factored in? No credit card payments, no car payments, no house payments?
- Do you feel like you can become debt free? Why or why not?
- What step will you take this week to move towards being debt free?
Prayer: Pray that you will be purposeful in addressing your debt.