Undrafted - Elisha
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who can you think of, whether in history or in your own life, that you consider to have finished well or failed in their final chapter?
- What characteristics do you think contributed to their success or failure?
Read 1 Kings 19:19-21 and 2 King 2:1-14.**
- In the first passage, Elisha had Elijah’s mantle tossed on him, and in the second passage, Elisha received Elijah’s mantle as a sign of passing the baton. Would Elisha have received the mantle if he hadn’t followed Elijah to all the places in the second passage? Why or why not?
- Elisha was told multiple times that Elijah would be taken from him that day as he followed him, and scripture provides no evidence that Elisha tried to stop it from happening. How do you think seeing Elijah being taken into Heaven impacted Elisha’s journey going forward?
- What impact has someone had in your life by finishing the race well?
- What does obedience mean to you?
- How is obedience the path to finishing well?
- How can you blaze a path like Elijah for others to follow?
- How can we be like Elijah and follow the examples of those that have come before?
Prayer: Pray for obedience to God’s will, no matter the cost.