Finding Your Way Back to God - Awakening to Regret
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How would you describe ‘regret’?
- Share a time that you wish you could go back and change what happened, whether it was something you said or didn’t say, or something you did or didn’t do.
Read Luke 15:11-24.
- What do you feel lead the son to the realization that he should go back to his father?
- Even though the father took the son back, do you think there were still consequences to the son’s actions? Why or why not?
- What is the biggest obstacle for you in turning back towards God after going off on your own path for a time?
- Is it harder for you to ask for forgiveness when you’ve done something you regret or for you to forgive someone who asks you to forgive them? Why?
- Do you feel like there’s a limit to how many times you can come back to God? Why or why not?
- Do you feel like there’s anything you can do that is too much for you to come back to God? Why or why not?
- Have you found the Church to be a good place that encourages and welcomes people
Prayer: God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken me to the possibility that I can start over again.