Falling leaves and dropping temperatures make for a great time make progress on brush clearing before 2017 is behind us! Last March and April, we were able to make clear walking paths possible between Marscot Park and SLCC's property. We'd like to clear further south of the current open space before the snow flies.
On Saturday, November 18th we’ll be clearing brush from 9am-3pm.
We’ll have one 12” chipper on site, but most of the work will only require, clippers, loppers or a bowsaw. We’ll be working on clearing the space to the west of the grassy ball diamond. We’d like 15-20 volunteers to assist with this effort, so please invite a friend!
Lunch will be served around noon, so we'll keep you fed!
As you gear up for brush clearing, here's what you need to know:
- It's going to be cold, somewhere in 40's all day. Dress warm!
- Be ready for muddy, wet and chilly!
- Plan to arrive at the south side of the building outside Kid's City Park. We'll assign you to a team and send you out to work shortly.
- Kid's City Park will be our warm up station: Heat, coffee, hot chocolate and water will be provided
While Cutting and Clearing...
- Cut everything as low to the ground as possible; leave no more than 1" above ground. (So we can safely mow it later!)
- Drag brush out and pile it. Brush & timber will be run through the chipper by machine operators.
- Cut trees with discretion: our goal is to leave mature & shade trees where they are!
Questions? Email Josh!