We Need Drivers!
Help college students stay connected to God's Story this semester.
Research from Fuller Youth Institute's College Transition Project suggests that the first two to six weeks of a college student's career are pivotal in defining the person they become. During this time, the relationships and habits they form will stick with them throughout their entire college career. Helping students engage with church during this time is essential to their faith development!
Because many of the students coming into Lansing for school lack reliable transportation, we'll be sending out busses to MSU and Great Lakes Christian College. We need qualified drivers who possess either a CDL with the Passenger Endorsement, or a Chauffeur License. Our plan is for you to serve once per month on our rotational schedule. We will also be feeding students lunch at Thrive, and will need you to make the drop off trip afterword, at 2 in the afternoon.
Typical Sunday Driving Schedule
- 8:30 am - Arrive at SLCC for pre-trip inspection and bus pick up
- 8:45 - Head out to your assigned campus
- 9:15 - Pick up students and head back to South
- 9:45 - Drop off students at church
- 2:00 pm - Load the busses at SLCC for the return trip
- 2:30 - Drop off students
- 3:00 - Arrive back at South and park the bus!
MSU BUS ROUTE
GLCC BUS ROUTE